Koning Rubarts LLP
E-mail Mr. Koning
Mr. Koning has over thirty years of experience in trial and appellate practice. Throughout his entire career he has been a trial lawyer for businesses and professionals, handling contract, real estate and business tort lawsuits, highly-charged partnership and fiduciary disputes, and complex commercial litigation. For the past twenty years Mr. Koning has concentrated his practice on professional liability litigation and matters related to legal ethics. It has been his great privilege to have represented many of the finest law firms and lawyers in the United States. He is proud to be known as a “lawyer’s lawyer.”
In addition to defending lawyers accused of legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty, Mr. Koning regularly serves as a consultant to lawyers and law firms on matters related to legal ethics or intra-firm disputes, acts as an expert witness regarding legal malpractice and legal ethics, defends against disciplinary (grievance) complaints, and appears as special counsel for lawyers facing motions for disqualification or sanctions. He is also an experienced appellate advocate, having briefed and argued numerous appeals in state and federal courts.
Mr. Koning has earned many public accolades over the course of his career.
- He is named in three separate categories in Best Lawyers in America (Woodward/White Inc.): Legal Malpractice Law, Commercial Litigation, and Litigation - Real Estate.
- In 2010 he was named as one of the top 100 lawyers in the Dallas-Fort Worth Region by the publishers of Texas Super Lawyer (Thomson Reuters Business). He has been recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer every year since 2005.
- He is recognized by D Magazine as one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas (D Magazine Partners, Inc.).
- In October 2007, he was singled out by the Texas Lawyer (ALM Media) as one of the top five legal malpractice lawyers in Texas, based on an eight-month study published as the “Go-To Guide.”
- Mr. Koning was featured in the article “Go-To Lawyers for Lawyers in Trouble,” Texas Lawyer (ALM Media, 2002) ("[T]heir peers across Texas say these seven are the attorneys they'd go to if they were in malpractice or grievance trouble. [These] are the lawyers whose names came up over and over again.")
Mr. Koning has been trained as an attorney-mediator by the American Academy of Attorney-Mediators. He employs this training in his trial practice to maximize the value of alternative dispute resolution for his clients.
For detailed information regarding Mr. Koning’s education, publications and speaking engagements, click here.